Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week 9 -- #23 Summarization

I found this experience to be very worthwhile. I had dabbled with Web 2.0 a little bit but was able to get some new information and obtain new sites that I know I will continue to use, particularly Del.icio.us and Bloglines. As with any online type of instruction, it was frustrating at times because you don't have an 'immediate' human at hand to answer your questions but sometimes, especially with this type of content, it's better if you do have to play/experiment/try things because it gets you over the fear of trying things on your own. For instance, I goofed up when trying to gain permission to add the wiki page and consequently, about 10 people from a previous group of Web 2.0 participants got emails saying I wanted access to 'their' wikis. However, they emailed and asked what I needed and I told them I was taking the class and attempting to get authorization for my own page and they were all very nice about it. It's sometimes anxiety producing to push that key on the computer and not know if you're doing the right thing but with an online experience such as this, it's almost a necessity. That helped me with one of the learning goals discussed during the beginning of the class which was looking at problems as something to go 'around' and not something to completely stop me in my tracks. I need to try to continue doing that.
One thing I did notice is that it really helps if the links to which you are to go are checked on a regular basis to make sure they are not dead links, and I think that would help for the next time it is used.
I would definitely take another discovery class such as this because working at my own pace is something that I like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment