Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 6 -- #13 Del.icio.us

I had actually started my Delicious account before beginning this class as I had attended a session about it at a conference and liked the way I could access my favorites from various computers. However, I learned much more about it through this class. For instance, I didn't realize the meta-tags that I could put on my favorites, or that I could search for subject-area favorites from other Delicious lists that people have made public, or that Favorites can be listed as shared or private within the same account. I went to the PLCMCL2 Delicious account first and found several nice bookmarks, especially pertaining to students and the use of Web 2.0 I then started searching through tags that people have utilized in their accounts and found some that were educationally based, and then, of course, couldn't help myself from looking to see what neat sites had been bookmarked for quilting also. I can see where this would assist students with research in that they could type in the meta-tag to get information specific to their topic but it would also, in my opinion, require quite a bit of pre-planning on the teacher's part so that students do not get into peoples' favorites lists and access inappropriate material.

No comments:

Post a Comment