Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 6 -- #14 Technorati


As I've discovered many times when using technology, it's not always dependable and Technorati was giving me a message that the "Technorati Monster" had escaped and they were having problems so I will return later for the assigned searches.

Try 2---I am still having difficulty with the site working properly, particularly on searches. However, I was able to compare the favorite blogs by fans, by authority, and the top search. Several, such as Boing Boing and TechCrunch were listed as top both by fans and authority. The searches were much more specific, and would be expected, were related to things that are 'of interest' today such as tv and movie stars, items from the news, etc. I find the site to be rather difficult to use and don't feel it's very user friendly. I think it would be fine to use with just a general term to find some blogs but am not sure I would use it with students. Also, it has all blogs on it, some of which are undoubtedly not done well or in good taste. This has probably been my least favorite Web 2.0 exploration thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment