Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week 7 -- #17 Sandbox Wiki


This was really a fun exercise and I didn't expect the LARGE amount of Favorite wikis that had already been posted. People thought of some really original things and someone was even brave enough to say that they didn't care for the Harry Potter series of books! Naturally, I had to go through the favorite cats and dogs but also saw some very unique ones that I want to go back and peruse later. Mine wasn't overly creative or original but the first thing that came to my mind with Favorites (especially during this time of the year when there's so much to do) was my favorite things to do if I happen to get that very scarce commodity called "1 Hour of Free Time". I have also added my blog to the list of Favorite blogs so I think I have this activity done. However, major WARNING!!!!---when I first went in it said on the right hand side that if I wanted to join the workspace, I needed to get permission. Naturally, I figured I had to do that so clicked on it & it must have sent out 6 zillion emails to EVERYONE who had posted on there, asking them if I could have permission to 'their' wiki....oh my gosh, what a mess. I had emails from people all over the place saying that they didn't remember their passwords, why did I want in their wiki, etc. etc. I wrote a 'this is what happened' email to each of them and they were all nice about it but wow, was that an interesting experience (and not one I want to repeat!).

No comments:

Post a Comment