Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Week 5 -- #11 Library Thing


I have one basic thing to say about "Libraray Thing"....DON'T get into this site unless you want to become totally engrossed for hours at a time! ;-) I absolutely LOVED this site and it's one of those where you start at Point A and find something that leads to Point B which goes to C and so on and so on. For instance, I like to read 'light' mysteries so when I first logged on, I did a search for "Mysteries" which led me to a group for "Crime, Thriller, and Mystery". I decided to explore it and found a group talk titled "Cozy Mysteries" which is exactly what I wanted. This group talk then had various sub-topics in which they had postings. The people who participated in the group talk had some wonderful suggestions of authors and series that I hadn't read and this, in my opinion, was one of the best parts of "Library Thing"... I simply went to the tab for "My Books" and "Add Books" and just typed in the author's name and got the list, double clicked on any in which I was interested and they are now in my list, along with any tags I wanted to put on them. I was then able to print out my list so that I could take it to the library with me instead of wandering the shelves with a Post-It in my hand with the author's name on or worse yet, forgetting the Post-It and trying to remember the author's name. There are many other features in this website that I want to explore but thoroughly enjoyed, and will definitely, be using this one! For anyone who likes to read mysteries that aren't horrendously morbid, bloodly, etc. but are a little more "light" (amateur sleuth who 'stumbles' upon cases), here's my Library Thing listing: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/jkeating1

No comments:

Post a Comment