Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Week 4 -- RSS and Newsreaders

RSS feeds were discussed at quite a few sessions at a conference I just attended so I was anxious to explore this section of Web 2.0 It was extremely easy to set up my Bloglines newsreader account. However, when it came to selecting ones in which I was interested, it became a little more involved. After going through the 200 "Most Popular" ones, I wondered where/how I would find others. I then saw the "1000" Most Popular and went through some of those and then to Merlin to see the Library News Blogs it listed...then went through the various lists of feeds and then decided to set out on my own to see if I could locate others. What I ended up doing was to basically go to the main site of something in which I was interested and then look around through the site to see if there was anything that resembled a blog, etc. and/or looked for the little orange icon. I did find one that had something but I found that method to be pretty time consuming so not sure if there's a better way or not. I do like the idea of getting all the new info sent to me instead of me going out to find it. I attempted to put the link in for my bloglines but it did not allow people to go to the listing.




No comments:

Post a Comment