Friday, April 24, 2009

Week 1--Thing #2 Pointers from Lifelong Learners

The Habits of Lifelong Learning was quite interesting. I especially related to the statement about 'attitude being everything' because I think, as an adult, if you go into something new with an "I can't do it" attitude, you're defeated before you even start. When working with teachers who are attempting something new, it's so apparent when they come in with a closed mind/poor attitude because it could be the neatest, most easy-to-learn skill there is and they will fail...not because they can't do it but because they've chosen to not be able to do it. I sometimes have trouble with #3--Viewing Problems as Challenges. I tend to view problems as just that--problems. I need to work on seeing them as a little hurdle that I can either get over or go around but it doesn't need to stop me in mid-track.

No comments:

Post a Comment